Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Baptism Day

". . . show unto your God that ye are willing to repent of your sins and enter into a covenant with him to keep his commandments, and witness it unto him this day by going into the waters of baptism."
Alma 7:15 (Book of Mormon)


Saturday, Sept 5th, Shaunie was baptized and confirmed at our stake center. Some of my family were able to make it and some of Rachel's family also came from Utah to help celebrate this special day. It was a good experience for both of us. When I was in high school I had the chance to baptize my little sister, Kristin. I had other baptism experiences throughout my mission, but where baptism fits in to the great plan of happiness really hit me when I had the opportunity to baptize my own daughter. It puts into perspective a more complete understanding of eternal families, and the steps we take so we can be together forever.
Shaunie was excited and she looked beautiful.




Here are a few pictures from Saturday's baptism. . .



Shaunie with some cousins (from L to R)
Auri, Elise, Shaunie, Emma, Min



Some of Rachel's family that could make it



Some of my family that could make it.

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

Thanks you for posting! I love all the pictures. Congrats Shaunie. We love you.

Mathie Fam said...

Love the pictures! I hope Shaunie had a very special day! I think we have a picture when kenna was little right in front of that same tree! FUN! Congrats to your family! You've had lots going on. I wish we could have shared it more with you!

Michelle Campbell said...

That was such an awesome day! Everything was perfect! You guys did good!!

littlefox said...

Congratulations to you all on so many exciting events in your family! I hope you're all recovering well from the excitement!

Maddie and April Lloyd said...

Wow! What a special day. Maddie's baptism is coming up soon. They are growing up!

Maddie and April Lloyd said...

Congratulations Shaunie! What a special day. I am starting to get things together for Maddie's baptism.