Friday, October 26, 2007

Homemade Wipes

I have been using my homemade wipes now for about five years. I love them because they are easy to make, inexpensive, very gentle and you don't have to run to the store because you ran out. Here is how I make them:

You will need:

Bounty Select-a-size paper towels, cut in half (no substitutes)
2 tbs baby lotion
1 tbs baby oil
2 tbs baby wash
2 1/2 cups warm water
Air-tight container that is about the size of a 1/2 paper towel. I use an old tupperware one that I got at Wal-mart, but I don't know if you can find those anymore since the disposable containers are so popular now. Be creative though and I am sure you will find something.

Fill the container with water and warm up in the microwave. Add the lotion, oil and baby wash and mix well with a wire whisk. Add the paper towels. Put the lid on the container and turn upside down until the water has soaked through the paper towels. Take lid off and remove the cardboard inner tube of the wipes. You are now ready to use them.

1 comment:

cori said...

thank you rachel... just tonite, i ALMOST called you for the recipe. i just added a MISC. file to my book i am doing, and walla. there it is. i love blogs. i just love it! AND YOU ARE SO RESOURCEFUL.