Monday, December 3, 2007

Musings...

I've decided that things are only as important as you make them. This means a couple things to me. First, when things are going wrong or not as you would like them you have all the power to decide that they are not that bad. You don't really have to be upset about anything unless you care about it. This means that the things that upset you or make you sad (or happy) are the things that you care about the most. Second, that life can be totally meaningless and boring unless you care about things. I remember my parents getting mad at me when I would tell them that I didn't care about something. This is probably why. Ultimately, we are in charge of our own happiness and we choose this happiness by the things we choose to care about. The depth and length of happiness in your life depends on the things you choose to care about. Also, the more I choose to care about only myself, the more difficult it is to be happy.

1 comment:

Tina C. said...

You are sooo- right! It takes too much positive energy to get upset about little things. It's much easier to let them go- enjoy life and BE HAPPY!!!! Love your blog, love your cute fam-, love you!!!