Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Natives are OUT!


Here is one of our tortoises after he came out of hibernation recently. I found him under the BBQ cover. I hope he hasn't been trapped under there for too long. He was really hungry after he came out. The big tortoise is also out. He was lurking around the backyard eating random plants. He wouldn't eat the petunias I planted just for him to eat. I think he is a food snob. He did like the broccoli I gave him, though. I hope they will be sure to eat all the weeds I have let grow for them. I have been keeping myself from spraying them so that the tortoises could have them. I am happy they survived the winter and are now ready to eat my weeds and trim my lawn.

5 comments:

Mathie Fam said...

hey.. I am still really interested in getting a tortoise! Now that our backyard is more in shape we would love to have one! Hook us up!

Mathie Fam said...

hey.. I really want a tortoise! Now that our backyard is in shape we would love one. Hook us up!

Maddie and April Lloyd said...

Huh? Are these really just hanging around Vegas? Or are they pets? I have to say, there is nothing worse than a tortoise who is also a food snob.

cori said...

SUCH a cool turtle. he is huge!

Camille said...

You know I owe you, right? I can't thank you enough for watching my boys for me last week. It made all the difference to have a morning to get things done. You are AMAZING girl! The kids are still bugging me every day to go to the turtle house again!