Thursday, January 8, 2009

Let it Snow...


We went to my parent's house in Utah for Christmas this year. It may be one of the last years we are able to do this, but don't tell my mom. When we first pulled up this is what we saw. The snow continued to come down for about 4 more days. The kids did spend some time enjoying the snow but it was easy to tell they didn't quite know how to handle it. It's kinda hard for me to believe that my kids don't know what snow is all about, but I guess I should have expected that. They wanted to do the things they always do at grandma's house which includes swinging on swings and going down slides. They cleared the snow off the swings and had a little bit of fun, but the highlight was the occasional deer that came down looking for something green to eat. We saw them several times and it was fun for the kids. Sam's favorite part was seeing my dad's "snowball fighting machine" which translates into what we would call a snowblower. My dad loves his snowblower and Sam loved watching him as long as the shooting snow wasn't pointed in his direction. Now you know why he called it the snowball fighting maching. As a mother, it's always fun to see the kids experience new things and this was no exception. Enjoy the pictures!






No comments: