We had a great Easter. Ok, I know this is a little late, but I thought I'd get it up anyway. Easter is one of my favorite holidays. I love the springtime and all it's colors and warmth, and I love the whole meaning of Easter. This year we had a special treat for Easter when my parents came down. We had a BBQ at the park and our traditional egg hunt. The kids had fun and got lots of candy and we were able to spend time together as a family and enjoy the great weather and beautiful park. Some the the highlights include:
- Watching everyone realize that we had nothing to cook our hamburgers on and then watching Jesse, after he ran to the nearest store, do his best at getting the fire to stay hot so the coals could really get going.
- Watching Carson stare in awe at some boys playing basketball at the courts near by. He was almost in a trance! Too bad we didn't have a ball for him.
- Watching everyone get creative with their food since we didn't have any ketchup. Josh actually ate his hamburger with warm potato salad!
- Watching Sam "innocently" wander through the area we where we were hiding eggs. He tried not to look but you can't cover your eyes and still see where you are going.
- Watching the smallest egg hunters, Troy, Carson and Ammon, get the hang of finding and filling their baskets. Once they realized that candy was hidden in the eggs they usually wanted to stop everything and eat their new-found prize. It took a bit to keep them going.
- Watching my mom run around after the kids and try to get good pictures of the egg-hunting action. It's just really hard to do!