Thursday, September 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Meu Amor!



I know I don't get on here very often, but I wanted to make a surprise post to Rachel's blog here and say, "Happy birthday Rachel!!" Her birthday was actually a few days ago, but I just haven't had much time.

Rachel and I met in 1995, started dating in 2000 after returning from our respective missions in the beautiful country of Brazil. We were married in 2000, a year later she graduated from BYU and a year later I dragged her to the desert heat of Las Vegas so I could work on my schooling. Not only did I bring her to Las Vegas, but I brought her during the summer months and 7 months pregnant with our first child. . . Sorry honey!

We've been through a lot together in 8+ years. You've stuck beside me throughout my undergraduate studies and now through graduate school. You've been the most awesome mother to our 4 beautiful and amazing children . You've been there to push me along, when I needed encouragement the most. You teach our children about the true and restored gospel of Jesus Christ and instruct them in modest living and making righteous decisions. You're an example to me of living the Word of Wisdom through regular exercise and healthy eating habits. You help me to appreciate the need for higher education, learning, and appreciating good books and good music. I even went with you to my first Neil Diamond concert for New Year's Eve one year. You lovingly put up with my seemingly endless research into neurological fMRI studies, and even still wait up for me late at night.

I could go on and on about all the things you do for me and the kids, but there just isn't enough time to type it all. I guess the biggest purpose behind this is to tell you, and the rest of the world how much I love you, and am glad you said yes to marrying me on that cool evening in American Fork Canyon in 2000.

Thank you for everything you do! I love you!!!

Jeremy

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

How cute is that? Jeremy you are the coolest! And Happy Birthday Rachel! You guys have an adorable family and I love you!

Lindsay said...

How Sweet Jeremy! Rae truly is all that and a bag of chips, as Steph would say. I miss her. Wish we could all live closer and enjoy each other more. Love you RAE!

Kara said...

Happy Birthday Rachel! Please tell me your b-day was not on Tuesday when we went to McDonalds and you didn't tell me. Anyway I hope it was a good one!

Jennifer Kouba said...

Jeremy you are a sweet brother. I'm tearing up here at work reading your kind words. You do have an amazing wife, I agree, and you do have beautiful children. I love you guys!!

jessicahughes_3@hotmail.com said...

Oh Rachel you look so beautiful in your picture, as always... What Jeremy said is so true about you! I am always so grateful that you married Jeremy. You guys are a great match and compliment eachother well! You're a fantastic mom and great wife to him! Thank you for being such a great example to us all! Happy late birthday! I'm always horrible at that, sorry!
We just wish wee were closer to you!
Love
Jessica